Alberto Riva, PhD
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://compbio.ufl.edu/
- Department: Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research/Bioinformatics core
- Alberto’s main interest is in the development of computational tools used in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis. For an example of his work please refer to http://www.biotech.ufl.edu/icbrs-alberto-riva-and-mbi-look-to-thwart-the-effects-of-time-and-aging-on-the-brain/.
William Barbazuk, PhD
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://biology.ufl.edu/bbarbazuk/
- Department: Biology; Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research (Director of Bioinformatics Core)
- Barbazuk’s research lies in the areas of computational, functional, and comparative genomics. Please refer to https://biology.ufl.edu/bbarbazuk/ for a detailed description of his research.
Lei Zhou, PhD
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://mgm.ufl.edu/faculty/faculty-home-pages/zhou-lei/
- Department: Molecular Genetics & Microbiology; UF Genetics Institute
- GMS6014 – Application of bioinformatics in genetic research
- GMS6232 – Advanced application of bioinformatics in genetic research
- Zhou uses bioinformatics supplement his wet-lab endeavors. His work in bioinformatics includes identifying regulators of apoptosis and meta-analysis of cancer genomic data sets (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Significantly+mutated+genes+and+regulatory+pathways+in+SCLC%E2%80%94a+meta-analysis).
Tamer Kahveci, Ph.D
- Website: http://bioinformatics.cise.ufl.edu/people.html
- Department: Computer and Information Science and Engineering
- CAP 5510: Bioinformatics
- CIS 4930 / CIS 6930: Recent Advances in Bioinformatics
- Kahveci’s interest lies in indexing, storing, retrieval, summarization, and mining of biological databases. Please visit his faculty profile https://www.cise.ufl.edu/people/faculty/tamer and website for more information regarding his research and projects.